Dr. Barry Silberg offers a full range of breast procedures at his plastic surgery practice, including breast augmentation of the highest standard. He is known for producing breast augmentation results that look extraordinarily natural and flattering, enhancing the graceful contours of his patients’ bodies and giving them the harmonious proportions they desire. Part of the reason he is able to do this is his unrivaled ability to combine his surgical skill with his keen eye for aesthetics. However, it can also be attributed to how customizable breast augmentation truly is. No plastic surgery procedure allows the patient more influence over the final results, as she is able to have a say over virtually every aspect of the procedure.
Patients even have influence over the type of incision through which breast implants are placed. As a master of modern breast augmentation incision techniques, Dr. Silberg gives his patients a variety of choices when it comes to where an incision can be made. The inframammary breast augmentation incision is among the most popular choices at his Santa Rosa, CA plastic surgery practice. This particular incision technique offers a host of benefits, including minimally visible scarring.
Are you a good candidate for breast augmentation using the inframammary incision technique? To find out for yourself, we invite you to schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Silberg by contacting our plastic surgery practice today.
What Is the Inframammary Breast Augmentation Incision Technique?
You have probably noticed that, beneath each of your breasts, there is a natural crease that has formed where the base of your breast meets the skin of your chest. Using the inframammary breast augmentation incision technique, Dr. Silberg creates an incision along this crease, through which he creates a pocket in the breast tissue in which the breast implant will be placed. He then closes the incision with sutures. Once the sutures have been removed, and the incision has fully healed, there will be a scar; however, the scar will blend inconspicuously into the crease of the breast. It will be further obscured by your larger breasts, which should hang lower over the crease.
What Are the Benefits and Drawbacks of the Inframammary Incision Technique?
The inframammary incision technique offers many benefits, including:
- As mentioned above, the resulting scars blend well into the creases of the breasts. In general, they can only be seen when the patient is lying down topless.
- There is little risk of loss of nipple sensation because the nipple-areola complex is not involved in the incision.
- Larger breast implants can be placed using this technique, as a larger incision can be made without fear of creating a more visibly unappealing scar.
Potential drawbacks associated with this technique include:
- Patients with smaller breasts may not have a well-enough defined breast crease for the scar to blend in with.
- Patients who opt for this technique may not have the opportunity to enhance their breasts further in the future as doing so may cause the scar to ride up on their breasts, thus becoming visible.
Learn More about the Inframammary Incision Technique
To learn more about the inframammary incision technique, please contact the plastic surgery practice of board-certified surgeon Barry Neil Silberg today.